The National Federation of Music Clubs (NFMC) offers more than $750,000 in competition and award prizes on the local, state and national level. The Biennial Young Artist and Ellis Duo-Pianists competitions award a total of $77,300 in awards and two years of performance bookings. Additional competitions are sponsored by the Federation in a wide range of categories, including voice, instrumental music, composition, dance, conducting, handicapped and visually impaired, and music therapy. NFMC also sponsors more than 40 annual and biennial awards for students desiring to attend Summer Music Centers.
Click here to download a copy of the current
Competitions & Awards Chart
- Carefully read the NFMC Entrance Rules. (listed below)
- Click here for instructions on printing application forms and additional information sheets for a specific competition/award.
- To see specific competitions/awards, click on a competition category.
- Print out, complete and mail the application form, following all instruction for the specific competition.
- Contact the chairman of the competition for additional information.
- Applicants MUST be native-born or naturalized American citizens. (EXCEPTION: Lynn Freeman Olson Composition, Lynn Freeman Olson Piano Pedagogy Award applicants, Ruth Morse Wilson Handbell Award Applicants and International Music Camp applicants—50% U.S. citizens, 50% non U.S. citizens.)
- Applicants must be members or become members of NFMC either by individual or group affiliation before applications are accepted. (EXCEPTION: Young Artist Auditions, Ruth Morse Wilson Handbell Award Applicants, Centennial Chamber Music Award Recipients, Summer Music Center Awards Applicants and the three Armed Forces Awards. Application forms include necessary information for membership.)
- JUNIOR entrants must be members of the Junior Division.
- STUDENT entrants must be members of the Student Division.
- Students CAN NOT compete in the Young Artist Competition and the Student/Collegiate Auditions in the same year.
- ENTRANTS for SENIOR DIVISION AWARDS must be members of the Senior Division. No First place winner of an NFMC award listed in the Competitions and Awards Chart is eligible to compete again for the same award with the exception of the NFMC Veterans Awards where entrants may win first place awards multiple times but not consecutively, and th Jr. Composers competition in which first place winners may compete in a different category but not the same category again.