Vivace – festivals.nfmc-music.org (must have authorization to access)
Support Center – help.nfmc-music.org (available to everyone)
Vivace is the official NFMC Festivals website. All Festivals will be using Vivace for registration and reporting. This system verifies compliance with Festivals Bulletin rules at the time of registration. Vivace reports are the official reports to be submitted to State and Regional Festival Chairs.
Vivace is ready for everyone!
We are nearing the home stretch! This project was started at our NFMC Conference in 2008 with the proposal to build an online Festival Management System. Many many hours of volunteer service have gone into this project with testing and implementation. Our goal is to have the transition complete with all Festival Areas using Vivace for the 2022-2023 Festival year.
Vivace Overview Video
If you have not yet seen what Vivace can do, we recommend the overview video.
It will take about 10 minute of your time and is a great introduction. Here is the link.
What if our Area has not started using Vivace?
All Festival areas will be required to use Vivace for Federation Festivals beginning in the fall of 2022.
We have many people training and willing to help those areas who have not yet started, and we are all committed to help the remaining areas prepare to use Vivace. The initial effort is definitely worth it because of the time and effort saved by using Vivace. The registration process catches any teacher errors. Reports are accurate and completed with the click of a button. After Festival reporting is quick and easy once the ratings have been entered. Students transferring to a different teacher have the Festival history transferred with ease so that the new teacher knows exactly what the student has done with Festivals in previous years. These are just a few of the benefits!
In order to start the process, an application needs to be submitted by either the State or the Area. We know there will a big push during the summer of 2022 with the areas still needing to be on boarded, so we commend that you submit your application as soon as possible. For everyone’s benefit, we will manage the number of new areas who are admitted at any given time so that the support team will be able to provide help in a timely manner.
What is the process for on boarding into Vivace?
The process includes:
- Requesting a project application by emailing: email@example.com
- Submitting the completed application.
- Receiving the Project Education Guide and carefully studying the process outlined.
- Viewing the orientation webinar. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWuOYErI2I
- Selecting the method of entering the historical data: manual entry or import.
- Having a National Admin set an appointment with your two Festival Area Admins to grant them access so they can begin the manual entry process OR begin the process of preparing data for import.
Process to prepare data for Vivace
Since we have a variety of “starting points” for various Festival Areas, we created the Vivace Project Education Guide for Areas that want to start using the system. Basically, there will be two approaches:
- Manual Entry of history: This will take lots of volunteer hours but will involve very little cost. There will be help materials as well as Regional and National project coaches available to help you through the process.
- One Time Import of history: This will take time to prepare and will involve some cost to the local area to prepare and import their history. Those areas choosing this process will be more limited in number, as we must rely on the developer’s time to review and approve each import file.
Questions? Contact Sandra Preysz, NFMC Vivace Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org