Vivace is the official NFMC Festivals website. Festival areas not yet using Vivace should be preparing to on board within the next two years. All Festivals will be using Vivace for registration and reporting. Our goal is to have the transition complete with all Festival Areas using Vivace for the 2022-2023 Festival year.
This system verifies compliance with Festivals Bulletin rules at the time of registration.
Vivace reports are the official reports to be submitted to State and Regional Festival Chairs.
We are now approaching the half way mark with on boarding Festival Areas into Vivace. We want to congratulate these states who have really pushed this process. With at least 90% of their Festival areas now using Vivace, we give a special shout out to Alaska, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, and Utah.
Vivace Overview Video
If you have not yet seen what Vivace can do, we recommend the overview video.
It will take about 10 minute of your time and is a great introduction. Here is the link.
Anyone is also welcome to visit the Support Center. https://help.nfmc-music.org
What if our Area has not yet submitted a Project Application?
Now is the time to submit an application if your area wishes to work on entering the historical data this year. Depending on the amount of data that needs to be entered, your area could be ready to use Vivace during the 2021-2022 Festival year. If the process, takes longer, the 2021-2022 Festival data can also be entered manually and then your Festival Area will be set for 2022-2023. For everyone’s benefit, we will manage the number of new areas who are admitted at any given time so that the support team will be able to provide help in a timely manner.
1. Request a project application by emailing: festivals.nfmc-music.org
2. Continue to gather the information that will be needed in the new system if you are not a current user.
a. Teacher information: full name (first, middle, last) preferred name and birthdate.
b. Student information: full name (first, middle, last), preferred name and birthdate.
c. Point history data to include the year, festival, event, class, and rating. It is not necessary to enter the required and choice piece repertoire information for past events.
What is the process for on boarding into Vivace?
The process includes:
1. Requesting a project application by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Submitting the completed application.
3. Receiving the Project Education Guide and carefully studying the process outlined.
4. Attending an orientation webinar. (These are held throughout the year.)
5. Selecting the method of entering the historical data: manual entry or import.
6. Beginning the process of preparing data for import OR having a National Admin set an appointment with your two Festival Area Admins to grant them access so they can begin the manual entry process.
Process to prepare data for Vivace
Since we have a variety of “starting points” for various Festival Areas, we created the Vivace Project Education Guide for Areas that want to start using the system. Basically, there will be two approaches:
1. Manual Entry of history: This will take lots of volunteer hours but will involve very little cost. There will be help materials as well as Regional and National project coaches available to help you through the process.
2. One Time Import of history: This will take time to prepare and will involve some cost to the local area to export and import their history. Those areas choosing this process will be more limited in number, as we must rely on the developer’s time to review and approve each import file.
Questions? Contact Sandra Preysz, NFMC Vivace Chair at email@example.com