The National Federation of Music Clubs considers the health and well-being of our members and staff is priority. We are deeply aware how this is impacting our members and students. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may have regarding our programs. We are working to make sure that all programs are being fulfilled as promised. Below we have outlined procedures to help you understand how our programs are being handled during this pandemic
- ALL Festival centers will comply with all CDC guidelines relating to COVID-19 for the health and safety of our teachers, parents, students, volunteers.
- Festival centers are hereby given an extension until August 31, 2020 to conduct Festival auditions and file the JR 3-3 (Festival Summary Report). Festival auditions may be conducted in the tradition manner (if in compliance with CDC guidelines regarding mass/group gatherings) OR conducted electronically using methods such as FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, YouTube, etc., OR through any combination of the above (this seems to be the option most states/areas are taking).
- All states are to determine the manner(s) in which they will conduct their Festival auditions. It is recommended that State Festival Chair be in regular contact with each Area Festival Chair during this critical time to lend support and guidance.
- The Regional Festival Chair reporting deadline will be extended to Sept. 30, 2020.
- Please forward this memo to your Area Festival Chairs asap. Communicate to all Area Chairs that they are to contact you with their questions.
- Only State or Regional Festival Chairs may contact the National Chair concerning NFMC revised Festival procedures dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
All orders for festival cups are on hold. Several orders have been processed and sent out. Our cup provider, Crown Awards, is based out of New York. As many of you are aware the state has a stay at home order in effect. We are in contact with the proper people at Crown Awards and will relay information to our members once operations are up and running again.
All NFMC awards are applied for virtually. We will continue this procedure without disruption. If you have questions or concerns please contact the chairman for the specific award you are interested in.
In order to protect the NFMC staff our headquarters office has closed temporarily. The staff is working remotely. Voicemail and emails are checked regularly and are being responded to. We ask for patience during these uncertain times.
The 2020 conference in Indianapolis has been cancelled.
If you have questions or concerns please reach out to the NFMC Headquarters office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage everyone to visit the CDC website to learn more about COVID 19 and how you can protect yourself and loved ones.